If we were to answer a question- ‘What are the top 3 things you wouldn’t survive without?
“WiFi” topping the list would come as no surprise to us. Isn’t it??
The newly revised needs of today’s generation are food, clothing, shelter, and Wifi. Sounds crazy!
WiFi unquestionably has become the most basic needs of our generation.
Times before, we were solely dependent on our cellular data for connectivity on the go. Counteracting now, we witness a significant rise in the WiFi network usage.
We all are very well aware of the boundless importance of WiFi that makes us accessible to almost anything online and on the go synced completely ‘wireless’.
WiFi is the most preferred means to discover better social connections. The more we connect….the more we cover.
Ultimately, the stronger the network, the strongest is the connection and hence a strong business. The strength behind all this is a stronger “WiFi Connection”. In order to take it a step ahead and increased the chances of getting access to the highly efficient connection with WiFi, the most entered phase is to get a best “WiFi Router”.
So, here we are to help you fetch the stronger WiFi Routers so that you enjoy the most faster and reliable connection speed.
With the Internet flooded with tons of different WiFi Routers with varied speed, specs and price ranges. We have tried to sort out some of the top WiFi routers available in the market in 2018, simplifying your choice to access the high-speed internet world.
TP-Link Talon AD7200 Multi-Band WiFi Router
Image Source: http://www.trustedreviews.com
The TP-Link Talon AD7200 Multi-Band is the ‘first 802.11ad router’ to approach the market.
It assures to deliver close to 1Gbps throughput. It marks onto 60GHz close-proximity throughput tests. It has the fastest MU-MIMO (Multi-User Multiple Input, Multiple Output) scores from Qualcomm Atheros, a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated.
The TP-Link Talon AD7200 Multi-Band is the new admired choice of the high-end wireless routers.
The Talon AD7200 is huge in comparison to size. It measures
1.7 by 9X9 inches; surrounded by eight external antennas in its perimeter, which folds onto the top when not in use.
There are nine LED indicators for Power, 2.4GHz, 5 GHz and 60GHz band activity with Internet connectivity, WPS activity, and connectivity for each of the USB 3.0 ports.
Next to the indicators are the buttons for WPS, WiFi (Enable/Disable) and LED’s (On/Off).
The rear panel is equipped with four Gigabit Ethernet ports, a WAN port, USB 3.0 ports and reset buttons.
With the TALON AD7200 Multi-Band WiFi Router- TP-Link enters a new era of WiFi networking, utilizing the latest 802.11 ad wireless standards.
To make most of it, you will need a compatible 802.11ad device, to achieve this high-speed protocol.
Amazing MU-MIMO and 2.4 GHz performance and support for the latest 802.11 ad technology have made TP-Link TALON AD7200 the Editor’s choice for high-end routers.
- First router in the world based on 802.11 as wireless Technology.
- Multi-band with 4-Stream technology.
- Up to 7200Mbps Wi-Fi speeds over 2.4GHz (800Mbps), 5GHz (1733Mbps), and 60GHZ (4600Mbps) bands.
- The super fast speed with multiuser support offered from MU-MIMU technology; provides speed that is 3 xs higher.
- Powered by 1.4 GHz dual-core CPU to enjoy high-speed connections without any interruptions.
- 8 High-powered amplified antennas.
- Advanced data protection security.
- Backward compatibility with 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac.
- Stronger and reliable wireless connections through the use of Beamforming technology.
TP-LINK TALON AD7200 SPECS
|Wireless Functions||Enable/Disable Wireless Radio, WMM, Wireless Statistics|
|Wireless Security||64/128-bit WEP, WPA/WPA2, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK encryption|
|Transmission Power||CE: <20dBm(2.4GHz) <23dBm(5GHz) FCC: <30dBm 24dBm EIRP (60GHz)|
|Guest Network||2.4GHz guest network ×1 5GHz guest network ×1|
WiFi 802.11ad & 802.11ac
Data Rate Upto 7 Gbps
CPU 1.4 GHz dual core
Operating 2.4, 5 & 60GHz
No. of USB 2
USB Type USB 3.0
- Wi-Fi AD is impressively fast
- Packed with features
- Decent performance in WiFi AC and WiFi N
- AD can’t penetrate walls and has very short range
- No Wi-Fi AD clients right now
- No seamless band switching (Smart Connect)
2. 2D-Link AC5300 Ultra Wi-Fi Router (DIR-895L/R)
Image Source: www.pcmag.com
The D-Link DIR-895L AC5300 Ultra Wi-Fi Router is powered by the advanced AC beamforming technology that maximizes and optimizes the speed and range to significantly outperform 802.11n and other 802.11ac wireless devices.
D-Link DIR-895L is equipped with 4 Gigabit ports and provides speeds up to 10x faster than standard 10/100 ports.
D-Link DIR-895L AC5300 Ultra Wi-Fi Router comes with the Advanced Quality of Service (QoS), data streams are separated, these aids in organizing and prioritizing the network traffic. This, in turn, accelerates your video streaming, gaming, and VoIP calls run smoother over both your wired and wireless network.
SharePort technology lets you take advantage of the USB 3.0 port found on the back of your DIR-895L (as well as an additional USB
2.0 port). Plug in a USB storage drive and you can use the mydlink SharePort™ app for iPad®, iPhone®, iPod touch®, and Android™
device to access files, stream videos, view photos or listen to music on your laptop or mobile devices.
The DIR-895L AC5300 Ultra Wi-Fi Router provides incredible speeds, smart antenna technology, fast ports, cloud features, and
terrific security features. It also features an innovative design and easy installation options.
- Incredibly faster wired and wireless speeds offered by the powerful 1.4 GHz Dual Core processor.
- Better WiFi coverage with 8 High Powered Antennas throughout your place.
- Advanced Firewall features like:
- Content filtering
- Secure Multiple Concurrent sessions
- Compatible with 802.11 n/g/b/a wireless devices
- The best available band for optimized WiFi performance allocated by the Advanced Smart Connect.
- Seamless application delivery by the Intelligent QoS traffic optimization.
D-LINK AC5300 ULTRA WI-FI ROUTER SPECS
Wireless Specification 802.11ac
Number of Wired
LAN Ports (Excluding WAN Port) 4
Security WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
IPv6 Compatible Yes
Parental Controls Yes
Usage 4K streaming, online gaming on more
than 20 devices
Wi-Fi Bands Tri-Band: 1 x 2.4GHz and 2 x 5GHz
Processor Speed 1.4GHz Dual Core
SU-MIMO / MU-MIMO MU-MIMO
Data Streams 4 x 4
WAN/LAN Port Throughput 10/100/1000M
Number of Antennas 8 detachable
USB Ports 1 x 3.0, 1 x 2.0
- Excellent 5GHz and Multi-User Multiple Input, Multiple Output (MU-MIMO) throughput.
- Fast file-transfer speeds.
- Unique design.
- Highly configurable.
- Attractive design
- Large footprint
3. ASUS RT -AC 5300 WIFI router
Image Source: https://www.asus.com
ASUS RT-AC3200 has highly overkilled with its performance. ASUS team has just made available a new higher spec brother-the RT AC 5300.
The RT AC 5300 is yet another ‘tri-band router’ of one 2.4GHz band and other two of 5GHz respectively; equipped with Broadcom’s latest WiFi chips, each with a band of massively higher bandwidth.
RT AC 5300 has a top WiFi sped of 1,000mbps and 5GHz each of the other bands with a top speed of 2,167 Mbps. The combination has evolved the router to deliver a total bandwidth of 5,300mbps. As far as the speed goes, it’s ultra fast a total 802.11 wireless AC, so the combined data rate for that is 5334mbps. Crazy! Gonna be really good deal for gamers out there.
- ASUS is ranked the “Highest Customer Satisfaction” with Wireless Routers in the US.
- ASUS RT AC 5300 has a built-in access to WTFast Gamers Private Network (GPN) of route-optimized servers, thus ensures stable pinging times for the gaming & clients connectivity.
- 4 X 4 antenna design with AiRader Universal beamforming for Universal WiFi range.
- 11 tri-band Wifi router boosts speeds up to 5334Mbps.
- Exclusive, smooth 4k VDH video playback & extremely fast file sharing
ASUS RT-AC5300 ROUTER SPECS
|Chipset||BCM4709+BCM4366 (2.4GHz) + 2 x BCM4366 (5GHz)|
|Memory||128MB of flash and 256MB of DDR 3 RAM|
|Antenna||8 x external dual-band detachable antennas|
|Operating frequency||2.4GHz and 5GHz (concurrent)|
|Data Rate||802.11b: up to 11Mbps | 802.11a/g: up to 54Mbps | 802.11n: up to 600Mbps | NitroQAM (2.4GHz): up to 1,000Mbps | 802.11ac (5GHz): up to 2,167Mbps.|
|Interface stype||1 x Gigabit WAN port, 4 x Gigabit LAN ports, 1 x USB 3.0 port, 1 x USB 2.0 port|
|Features||ASUS WRT firmware, AiCloud, AiProtection, WTFast client, High-power mode, Download master application, Dual-WAN, Port Aggregation, VPN server, Guest network, DLNA server, Automatic IP, Static IP, PPPoE (MPPE support), PPTP, L2TP, IPv4, IPv6.|
- Incredible top speeds
- Masses of features
- 2Gbps Ethernet link aggregation
- Plenty of media server features and setup options
- Incredibly expensive
- Only one USB 3.0
- Only four Gigabit Ethernet ports
4. SYNOLOGY RT2600ac Wi-Fi AC 2600 Gigabit Router
Image Source: https: www.synology.com
Synology’s RT2600 wireless router is an extended version of RT1900 AC.RT2600 is one of the fastest WiFi routers available in the market, with a complete set of features.
Being connected to an external drive, the router also works as a ‘Network Storage Server (NAS)’, enabling data and content sharing for both remote and local servers.
The RT2600AC is a quad-stream (4×4) router delivering a high speed of up to 1,733 megabits per seconds on the 5GHz band and up to 800Mbps on the 2.4GHZ band (keep in mind that these are just the ceiling speeds).
RT2600AC works on an operating system called Synology Router Management (SRM).
RT2600 is one of the most robust and secure routers.
- 7 GHz Dual Core fast performing processor.
- Powerful 4×4 802.11ac wave 2 radios with MU-MIMO and up to 2.53 Gbps breakthrough wireless speeds
- Seamless transition with maximum speed range.
- Capability to create advanced VPNs with WebVPN, Synology SSL VPN, and SSTP
- Layer 7 traffic control and monitoring with hardware acceleration.
- Qualcomm- based AC2600 class app-based router with Gigabit Ethernet ports, USB 2.0/3.0 storage and printer sharing and MU-MIMO support.
- Synology Router Management (SRM) powered revolutionary Interface.
SYNOLOGY RT2600AC ROUTER SPECS
|CPU||Qualcomm IPQ8065 quad-core network processor @ 1.7 GHz|
|Flash||4 GB / 8 MB|
|2.4 GHz Radio||– QCA9984 4×4 Wave-2 802.11ac
– Skyworks SE2623L 2.4 GHz Power Amp (x4)
|5 GHz radio||– QCA9984 4×4 Wave-2 802.11ac
– RFMD PA5542 5 GHz power amp (x4)
- Features expandable via add-in apps
- Good Wi-Fi performance
- Supports some DFS channels
- MU-MIMO works well
- No Wireless bridge support
- Still a relative newcomer to a highly competitive market
5. NETGEAR Nighthawk AC3200 X6 (R8000) Tri-Band WiFi Router
Image Source: www.pcmag.com
NETGEAR Nighthawk AC3200 X6 (R8000) Tri-Band WiFi Router is the most powerful WiFi router. It is powered by Tri-Band WiFi Technology.
X6 (R8000) is build to connect all the devices in your office and home automatically.
The X6 is simultaneously accelerated for every WiFi-enabled devices at your place right from Laptops, tablets, phones, TV’s, game consoles, music streamers, cameras- almost every device.
X6 AC3200 is a powerful union of all the high specification features such as three WiFi bands, Dynamic QoS that ensures the fastest WiFi connection possible at a maximum optimized speed and Smart Connect intelligence.
So, enjoy multiple connections at the same time without any hiccups with the amazing Netgear Nighthawk X6 Ac3200.
- Remote access powered by NETGEAR genie®
- Allows your home network to be controlled with voice commands as offers compatibility with Amazon Echo.
- Fastest speed available – up to 3.2Gbps
- Provides Smart Parental Controls and Circle with Disney
- High performing 6 antennas provides maximum range
- 1GHz dual-core processor with 3 offload processors.
- Improved reliability and wireless range with Beamforming+.
- High speed USB port- USB 3.0.
- USB storage-ready access.
- Separated slower and faster devices WiFi bands by Smart Connect design.
NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK X6 (R8000)ROUTER SPECS
Type Wireless Without Modem
Model AC3200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-band Wi-Fi Router (R8000)
Part Number R8000
Controls Wi-Fi and Power On/Off, WPS Button
In The Box 1 Router
LED Indicator On / Off LED Lights
Supported Software Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0 or Safari 1.4 or Google Chrome 11.0
Browsers or Higher
Compatible ISP Hathway, ACT, Sify, Airtel, You, Spectranet
- Tri-band operations, good performance
- Genie software makes setup easy
- USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports
- Six fold-out antennas
- Excellent range
- Big design
- Lacks e-SATA port
- Not as fast as other tri-band routers
6. Netgear WNR614 N300 WiFi Router
Image Source: www.amazon.in
The Netgear WNR614 N300 is a pocket-friendly wireless router. It comes with external antennas that offer fast downloading speed up to 300mb/sec along with smooth streaming and net surfing.
N300 Wi-Fi router outer antennas assist in optimizing up your connection consistency, at the longer range.
- N300 WiFi speed
- Memory: 4 MB flash and 32 MB RAM
- Five (5) (1 WAN, 4 LAN) Fast Ethernet ports
- Push ‘N’ Connect — Easy push button WiFi connections (WPS)1
- Netgear WNR614 N300 Wireless Router with External Antenna
- Input Type RJ-45 (Ethernet Cable) supported by neighborhood cable broadband ISPs such as Hathway, ACT, Tikona, Airtel Fibrenet, MyWorld, Nextra, Siti Cable, You Broadband, Spectranet etc.
- The Router Does Not Include Modem and works well with Cable Broadbands
- Easy guest network access
- External antennas for improved WiFi coverage
NETGEAR WNR614 N300 WIFI ROUTER SPECS
Wireless Standard : 802.11n
Wireless Speed: 300 Mb/sec
Security : WPA/WPA2
WiFi Protected Access® (WPA/WPA2—PSK
Double firewall protection (SPI and NAT
Denial-of-service (DoS) attack prevention
Exposed Host (DMZ) for secure gaming
Number of Antenna : 2
WiFi Performance N300 (300 Mbps)†
WiFi Range Small to medium homes
WiFi Band 2.4GHz
- This router does not include a modem and works well with cable broadband.
- 2 external antennas improve the Wifi coverage.
- Installation and management of router are easy with installation guide.
- This router provides double firewall protection ( SPI & NAT firewall).
- 2 Year hardware warranty.
- Easy guest network access.
- 4 LAN & 1 WAN portals.
- No power and WiFi on/off switch.
- The user interface is not on top of things and is very slow to make few changes.
- Non-detachable dual antennas.
- Wi-Fi network coverage area can be a little better.
7. Asus N600 RT N56U Dual-Band Wireless Gigabit Router
Image Source: www.newegg.com
The ASUS RT-N56U was presented with the internationally recognized IF 2010 award for its exquisite design.
ASUS RT-N56U is a dual-band router. It is designed significantly with exclusive feature and range.
This dual-band router comes with the most offered advanced features like wireless printing, scanning, file sharing- all through the standardized USB 2.0.
The dual-band technology allows 2.3GHZ and 5GHz bands respectively.
With Network Address Translation (NAT), the RT-N56U is the only router which delivers up to 1000Mbps true gigabit throughput that is up to five times faster than conventional gigabit routers.
The Asus RT-N56U is undoubtedly one of the best true dual-band home routers in the markets.
- Up to 300+300 Mbps Wireless Data Rates
- Flexible dual-band lag-free entertainment
- Works on 2.45GHz & 5GHz Bands
- Wireless N, B, G Router
- 4x Gigabit Ethernet LAN Ports
- Dual USB 2.0 Ports: NAS Storage/Printers
- Powerful Online Multitasking
- Dual-band for lag-free entertainment
- 5X faster gigabit internet surfing with hardware NAT
- Powerful Online Multitasking at up to 300,000 Data Sessions
- Twin USB ports enable multi-role usability
ASUS N600 RT N56U DUAL-BAND WIRELESS ROUTER SPECS
Standard IEEE IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n
Frequency 5 GHz
Frequency Band Single Band
Wireless Speed 300 Mbps
USB USB 2.0
Number of LAN ports 4
Number of WAN ports 1
Number of USB Ports 2
Number of Antennae 2
Antennae Capacity Antenna with 3.8 dBi Gain and
35.1 dBi Gain
- Stylish and Compact
- Stellar 5GHz performance
- Long range with an intuitive Web interface.
- Well designed storage feature
- Comparatively faster performance
- Offers a convenient way to access data over the Internet.
- Dual band 5GHz & 2.4GHz wireless-N
- Attractive design, Intuitive admin panel coupled with advanced options, Built-in USB 2.0 ports allow for easy sharing of media
- Intuitive and well laid out menus, Gigabit LAN
- WDS bridging and repeating
- Web interface takes a long time to apply changes
- Doesn’t support the new three-stream 450Mbps wireless speeds.
- No external antennas or connections to add your own
- Uses its own DNS servers if you don’t specify any
- Traffic Monitor feature is far from accurate
- Wired connection isn’t quite as fast as advertised
- No guest network
- Protruding wires ruin the look
- Price slightly high for most home users
- Fingerprint magnet and hard to clean properly
8. Cisco Linksys E900 Wireless N300 Router
Image Source: www.linksys.com
Cisco has raised its bar quite high by releasing the ‘Valet Plus’.
Now, Cisco is back again with the overwhelming successor Cisco Linksys E900 Wireless N300 Router. With its amazing features, it offers almost double throughput of Valet. It is far most the best of throughputs offered to date by a single band 2.4GHz consumer router.
Cisco Linksys E900 wireless router is the best choice you should go for if setting up a wireless network for homes or apartment.
Cisco Linksys E900 offers faster web surfing and email downloads with a reliable range. It is based on MIMO antenna technology with the union of WPA2 encryption for secured usage.s
Cisco Connect’s Parental Controls to block specific websites and restrict Internet access during certain hours.
- Inexpensive 2.4 GHz N300 router with 10/100 ports based on a Broadcom N Router SoC.
- Provides excellent throughput
- Offers up to 300mbps Wireless Data Rates
- Reliable range of MIMO antenna technology
- Connects wired devices to the network with its four Ethernet ports
CISCO LINKSYS E900 WIRELESS N300 ROUTER SPECS
Standard IEEE IEEE 802.11/b/g/n, IEEE 802.3u
Frequency 2.4 GHz
Frequency Band Single Band
Wireless Speed 300 Mbps
Number of LAN ports 4
Number of WAN ports 1
Number of USB Ports 0
Number of Antennae 2
Security Encryption WPA2, 128-bit WEP, WPA
- Relatively inexpensive
- 100 Mbps wire-speed routing
- Easy 3-step setup
- Wireless-N Technology
- 4 Fast Ethernet ports
- No guest WLAN
- No Internet service or URL blocking
9. D-Link DIR-816 Wireless AC750 Dual Band Router
Image Source: www.dlink.com
The D-Link DIR-816 Wireless AC750 Dual Band Router is one of the most reasonable wireless routers out there. Still, it manages to stand out to be the most effective wireless system administration arrangement.
DIR-816 typically reinforces the most rapid 802.11 ac WiFi innovation with dual-band innovation ports. This is what makes DIR-816 one of the best wireless routers.
It offers wireless speeds up to 750Mbps with the expanded range.
D-Link DIR-816 helps achieve security heights to protect our devices and data from gatecrashers.
D-Link DIR-816 stands out to be the best routers of 2017 in the Indian market for homes networks.
- High-speed Wireless Connection
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n, IEEE 802.11AC technology
- Speed up to 750 Mbps
- WPA/WPA2 wireless security
- WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
- Three external antennas
- This router does not include modem and works well with cable broadband
D-LINK DIR-816 WIRELESS AC750 ROUTER SPECS
No Of USB Ports 4
Wireless Speed 750 Mbps
Standard IEEE IEEE 802.11ac, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE
802.11n, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.3u,
Frequency 2.4 GHz – 5 GHz
DSL Modem Speed 750 Mbps
Number of LAN ports 4
Number of WAN ports 1
Number of Antennae 3
- D-Link, Wireless without Modem
- WPS/Reset Button, Power Switch
- Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 12.0, Chrome 20.0, Safari 4.0 or Other Java-enabled Browser
- 4 GHz WLAN, WPS, Power, 5 GHz WLAN, Internet
- Max 15ft range through 2 walls
10. TP-LINK TL-MR3020 Portable 3G/3.75G/4G Wireless N Router
Image Source: www.tp-link.com
Yet another portable router from TP-Link is named as “TP-LINK TL-MR3020 Portable 3G/3.75G/4G “Wireless Router”.
TP-Link MR3020 is a portable wireless router with wireless standards IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g and IEEE 802.11b.
It offers a maximum speed of 150 Mbps. The router typically delivers the data over the WiFi at 2.4 – 2.4835 GHz of frequency.
The router comes with WPS BUTTON and Mode Switch controls. It has LED indicator, which indicates; POWER, WIRELESS, WPS, LAN, WAN / INTERNET.
With Button security setup, the TP-Link MR3020 offers a button on the router. The button is used to instantly set up the security and establish WPA2 secure connection automatically.
This is more secure when compared with WEP encryption.
TP-LINK TL-MR3020 is overall a cost-effective WiFi router used for small workgroups, where they need to share a connection.
- Most flexible of routers.
- Imposed with IP based bandwidth router.
- Works as a 3G/4G router, a Travel router, and WISP client router.
- Share a 3G mobile connection, compatible with 120+ UMTS/HSPA/EVDO 3G USB modems
- Portable design, light and small enough for you to take anywhere
- Compatible with IEEE 80211b/g/n
- IP-based bandwidth control allows administrators to determine how much bandwidth is allotted to each connected device
TP-LINK TL-MR3020 ROUTER SPECS
Network Standard IEEE 802.11b/g/n, IEEE 802.3/3u
Port 1 10/100Mbps WAN/LAN Port, USB 2.0 Port for
Data Rate Up to 150Mbps(dynamic)
Antenna Internal antenna x 1
Encryption 152-bit WEP, 128-bit WEP, 64-bit WEP, WPA-
PSK, WPA2-PSK, TKIP, AES, ACL
Management DHCP Client List, Address Reservation, DHCP
- ISP Compatibility
- Easy Install Process
- Product Reliability
- Connection Quality
- No inbuilt battery
Eventually, the choice always a matter of personal basis; but a best purchase is always good for a long-term benefits and a best WiFi router is always essential if you want to enjoy the most efficient and long internet ranges at a faster access speed.
Do make a careful and wise decision and please don’t forget to check the online reviews and price comparison of the above mentioned WiFi routers by clicking the links below the respective routers.
Hope you find your best deal! Do comment in the comment section below with the WiFi router you would like to purchase.