Bad Breath also called halitosis is medical term is a common problem among the people who have poor oral hygiene. The other uncommon reasons are dry mouth also called as xerostomia and gum disease. In this article, I am going to share how to fight bad breath from common problems such as poor oral hygiene and dental habits.
How to fight or stop Bad Breath
Bad breath is problematic not only for the person himself but for the people surrounding him. In most of the cases, it affects surrounding people more than ourselves. Most of the times you will come to know from others that’s you have bad breath. It’s often difficult to know if we have bad breath by ourselves.
Do you have Bad Breath?
Below are some of the ways by which you can identify if you have bad breath or not.
- The best way is to ask some friend you can trust upon. Tell him to be honest in addressing the problem. If you have bad breath others come to know when you are talking or eating.
- Okay, you don’t know anyone whom you can trust. here is the method to know yourself. Lick the inner part of your wrist for few seconds and allow it to dry. Once the saliva is dried, smell the licked part of the same wrist. If you find a bad or unpleasant smell you are having bad breath.
- Seeing the dentist is the best way to know if you have bad breath issues or halitosis. The dentist is the best person who can advise you the treatment for bad breath and identify the causes.
Now that you are sure you are suffering from bad breath let’s see how to fight bad breath. Treatment for bad breath depends on the root cause.
How to Cure Bad Breath:
If you are from the United States you must have heard about breath assure or mint sure. It’s a great product that helps you breath fresh from inside out. It works from the stomach and makes your breath fresh from inside out. It’s good if you want to get rid of bad breath temporarily or just cover the bad breath. To get the permanent solution you have to work on root causes.
Maintaining good oral hygiene: Best way to fight Bad Breath:
Not having good oral hygiene is the major reason for bad breath. Not having good oral health allows bacteria stay for longer times in mouth resulting in unpleasant smells. The food particles we eat stays in the mouth, between teeth, below tongue for longer durations cause bad breathing problems. Brushing teeth properly alone helps to reduce most of the bad breath.
Remember the childhood times when we used to brush the teeth twice. As we grow older we tend to brush the teeth only once in the morning. Anyways, read few guidelines below for propelling teeth brushing to treat bad breath.
- Brush teeth at least twice a day. Once in the morning and when going to bed at the night. Do not eat anything after brushing when going to bed.
- It’s better to have powered breathe instead of manual brushes.
- Brush for at least 2.30 minutes and cover all parts of the teeth.
- Brush with a small head is preferred as it helps to access most parts when big brush won’t reach.
- Don’t brush immediately after eating. Wait for at least one hour after eating.
- Check if the toothpaste has fluoride.
- Brush must be soft. Change the brush 3 months.
Note: after brushing your teeth take some salt on your fingertip and clean the teeth with your finger. It helps to remove the plaque from teeth. It costs a matter of seconds but helps immensely.
Cleaning Between Teeth:
There are some places in the mouth where the toothbrush can’t reach.clean between your teeth at least once a day. Dental floss is the best way to clean your teeth. Ask your dentist how to do a dental floss.
Stop Bad Breath of Stomach:
Sugar: it’s really bad for oral hygiene
Sugar and other sugar products are the main reasons for bacteria to live and eventually decaying your tooth. Avoid sugary foods, at least brush your teeth after eating such foods. Once again, brush your teeth at least after an hour of eating.
Some general guidelines that help fight bad breath problems:
- Try to reduce drinking fizzy drinks and fruits.
- If you drink something acidic don’t hold it in the mouth for a longer duration.
- Drink lots and lots of water.
- Smoking and tobacco chewing habits mostly end up causing gum diseases. Avoid and if possible stop the habit of smoking.
- Regular dental check-ups are the best way to ensure your oral hygiene.
Tongue cleaning is an important part of oral hygiene. Clean back of your tongue at least once a day. You can do it by tooth-brush but tongue cleaners are most effective. Buy a tongue cleaner from the store and use it twice a day.
There are several types of mouthwash
liquids available in the market. Choose one of them and wash your mouth at least once a day. They fight bacteria thus ensuring good oral hygiene.
Cover Bad Breath with Breath Assure(Mint Asure):
Breath assures now known as mint assure is the star product that helps fight bad breath. We have a full article dedicated to this product, you can read it here.
All of us have a habit of chewing gums after having a meal. Chewing gums keeps mouth fresh by increasing the saliva. It helps cover bad breath for short times.
We have covered most of the methods which can help you fight bad breath. If you know something new share it with our users.